Tuesday, November 20, 2012

American Values Blog


College Classwork: Intro to Sociology
 
What are the most important American values in your everyday life? Explain your choices.
 
 

The most influential American values seen throughout the country (i.e. family, generosity, education, freedom, etc.) have come to change meaning throughout the "coming of America." Just in my life many of the set American ways and values from my childhood are no longer the norm. These are heavily changing times that I am certain will be documented by study in history. Education is the most important American value in my book, but speaking of books, where you get this education has been increasingly important. History especially I see as being very significant as to where your information comes from. I have had the opportunity to read several American History books. The span of time for the books published was 50 years; all of these books covered the Revolutionary War and the Civil War (of course) and also the eras of WW1 and WW2. I found the discrepancies to be varied and wide at times on crucial truths. I found that the more sources I accessed, the greater an understanding I gained. Knowledge truly is power.

Stephanie Haile

No comments:

Post a Comment